Avi Fifer wrote:

> I REMEMBER WATCHING THE RUSSEL LED CELTICTS.THE BEST TEAM EVER.ON SUNDAY AFTERNOONS CRIS SHENKEL WAS THE BROADCATER AND IT SEEMS THAT EVERY SUNDAY HAD A RUSSEL-
> CHAIMBERLIN MATCH UP.BASKETBALL WAS A TEAM SPORT AND
> THE PLAYERS FELT LUCKY TO BE PAID ANYTHING.(NONE OF THIS SO CALLED RESPECT 100MILL THAT A.WALKER IS DEMANDING)

Thanks for the memories.  I didn't remember enough to recall that the announcer was Shenkel.  It was on ABC way back then wasn't it.  I remember Satch Sanders,
Bailey Howell, when Havlicek and Cunningham came up (that's right Billy actually did play), Heinshon, KC, Sam and the Converse Chuck Taylor canvas All-Stars.  I
hate to live in the past.  But, those were great days.  Then the 70's with Jo Jo, Cowens, Havlicek still, Silas, Nelson (that's right he used to play too!), Charlie
Scott.  On to the 80's which most remember from being there.  Now, what about the '90's?  Is there anyone on this team that belongs on those teams?

--

Peace,

Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net