Re: Bulls management

Noah P. Evans wrote:

> > A brilliant PR move, I would say.
>
> Only hindsight will tell.
>
> > I think it has everything to do with Jordan. I also don't think that
> > they give a rat's ass about Jackson but only showed concern for because
> > of the Prima Donna.
>
> I was unclear, let me explain. The Jerry's action is not aimed at Jordan or
> Jackson, it is aimed at the fans. The use of Jackson as a fall guy is merely
> the method of their action. Jordan is fully aware of the false nature of the
> Jerrys' action(and the Jerrys know that) so if the action was, truly,
> directed at Jordan it was useless.

They have already shown that they do not care about Jordan. The game
involved is to turn the fans against Jordan. If Jordan does not come
back, who will the fans blame, not management as they have shown their
fans that they tried to persuade Jackson to come back for the sake of
getting Jordan back. The fans can't blame management, they will appear
to the the fans as giving it their best shot. The lockout also works in
their favor since they cannot talk directly to Jordan. That is why it is
a brilliant PR move.

> > Poor, poor Michael, I for one am sick of his self indulgent attitude and
> > personally I would like to see him take his ball and his crying towel
> > home. Where are the Knicks or any team going to find 15- 30 mill to pay
> > him, you don't think he is going to play for chump change do you.
>
> Money is merely an abstraction to Jordan now, a qualification of his "worth"
> and "respect", just as it is to Antoine. Taking 1 mil a year from New York
> would be worth it to Jordan in order to get back at the Jerrys. Jordan is
> extremely vindictive. Especially to Krause. Given everything we know about
> Jordan, he will be unable to resist an opportuinity to twist the knife.
What happens if he as you say signs with another team for chump change
and that team for one reason or another does not win a championship. I
for one thinks he will look pretty foolish.

> > Most corps only care about a tax write off, although I will grant you
> > that they would all want Jordan back even if they had to wheel him in.
>
> It is not as easy as you make it out to be. If it was the lesser teams would
> not engage in the constant media blitzes in order to sell their luxury
> boxes.

We don't know for sure their luxury box situation, but I am sure  it is
not in any immediate danger for the moment or it would have come out in
the media.

> > I may be wrong but isn't the Bulls items part of NBA properties and the
> > benefits are shared by the players and the league.
>
> To some extent yes. But I don't recall the exact statistics but the Bulls
> attract quite a lot to Chicago that would not otherwise be there. Without
> Jordan I doubt it would be the case.

Why, I don't think Chicago gets any more benefit than any other team
since I believe it all goes in to one pot for all top] divide up.

> >The real big loser
> > will be Nike, whose business is in the tank now and only get worse when
> > Jordan is out. I believe his biggest pressure to stay with the Bulls
> > will come from Phil Knight to play again. Don't forget that Jordans
> > makes most of his money(about 70 mill) from endorsements.
>
> That might happen. It would be interesting to watch. I have no great love
> for nike however.

I don't care about Nike either but they will be the biggest loser of al.

> > But do they get as many girls as the slickster!
>
> If Magic Johnson and Wilt are any indication, yes.

Pretty close between Wilt and the slickster. Would you not agree that
Magic would be a distant 3rd.

> > I love Antoine but I think he would have a difficult time with Riley who
> > is much better at coaching veterans and not young kids.
>
> Maybe. But what Antoine needs more than anything is a stern taskmaster

Do you really think that Antoine could handle a stern taskmaster. I
think not.

 who
> truly respects(the literal meaning of the word, not the "respect" of money
> that Antoine talks about) him. Antoine needs both support and discipline.
> >From what other players have said of Riley, Riley gives both.
If you could ask his players, they would all say it is Riley's way or
the Highway. He is a dictator and as he has said on radio here in Miami
" This is not a democracy but a dictatorship. You can't win unless all
are on the same page. My page".

Regards,
Hart