RE: Bulls management

> They have already shown that they do not care about Jordan. The game
> involved is to turn the fans against Jordan. If Jordan does not come
> back, who will the fans blame, not management as they have shown their
> fans that they tried to persuade Jackson to come back for the sake of
> getting Jordan back. The fans can't blame management, they will appear
> to the the fans as giving it their best shot. The lockout also works in
> their favor since they cannot talk directly to Jordan. That is why it is
> a brilliant PR move.

The problem is that everyone, including the media, acknowledges Jerry's
action as a transparent sham. The fans will blame management, especially if
their precious Michael didn't return.

> What happens if he as you say signs with another team for chump change
> and that team for one reason or another does not win a championship. I
> for one thinks he will look pretty foolish.

That *would* be amusing but it will never happen. Just as with the earlier
analogy to pro wrestling, the "good" guy always wins.

> We don't know for sure their luxury box situation, but I am sure  it is
> not in any immediate danger for the moment or it would have come out in
> the media.

It has been acknowledge in the media. Check Nando.net's SportServer for the
associated press article on the subject.

> Why, I don't think Chicago gets any more benefit than any other team
> since I believe it all goes in to one pot for all top] divide up.

The benefits are not explicit. Chicago and Reinsdorf indirectly benefit from
the increased exposure. It is rather amusing to realize that Chicago's
previous most famous celebrity was Al Capone.

> Pretty close between Wilt and the slickster. Would you not agree that
> Magic would be a distant 3rd.

No. Magic and Wilt are probably near tied. Politicians have less
opportuinity.

> Do you really think that Antoine could handle a stern taskmaster. I
> think not.

Yes I do. Antoine's problem is *not* working hard. It is insecurity. Riley
stands behind his players. Note his reaction to Alonzo's (perhaps
aggrevated) attack on Larry Johnson. I think Rick needs to be as diplomatic.
When has Riley ever had a problem like ours? If Pitino could breed such
intense loyalty among his players perhaps he wouldn't have had
insubordination from Dee and Travis. This isn't to say that Pitino doesn't
breed loyalty, just not on par with Riley.

> If you could ask his players, they would all say it is Riley's way or
> the Highway. He is a dictator and as he has said on radio here in Miami
> " This is not a democracy but a dictatorship. You can't win unless all
> are on the same page. My page".

Antoine does not mind a dictatorship. In fact he probably needs one. Antoine
functions at his worst under a "don't worry be happy" type like ML.
	As for Riley, when was the last time Riley criticised one of his players to
the media? He didn't even say anything about Day(although I wouldn't have
wanted to be in that locker room when Todd got the boot). The only time I
remember him saying anything was his reference to John Starks after Riley
went to Miami, "With John it's always feast or famine".
	For some reason players like this. In the formal player's poll for USA
today, Pat Riley was mentioned as the coach that most NBA players wished to
play for.

Noah