Re: Noah needs to chill

>That's more like it.  Personally, I don't think what he said about
>Pierce is wrong either.  He acknowledged that Pierce can score and
>would supply that for the unit off the bench.  I think he's right
>actually.  Pierce may very well end up starting, but it won't likely
>be during the first half of the season.

Actually I do. One of the celtics' main problems lay in the small
forward spot, startin Pierce immediately will be an amazing improvement
over (last year's--he may have improved quite a bit this offseason)
McCarty and Minor.
   Antoine's support for Nazr over Pierce was just sour grapes and
loyalty.

>- Can he handle the 82 game schedule?
>- Will he sustain the effort when he hits the "rookie wall"?

Personally, I don't think he'll hit the wall at all. Pierce's main
advantages are his offensive flexibility(one typical reason for the
"rookie wall" is other players figuring out a rookies pet moves and
countering them, Pierce's combination of skills should make him hard to
predict) and his strong frame(6'6" and ~220lbs, which helps withstand
the wear and tear of an NBA season).

>- Will he be able to adjust to RP's defensive scheme?

I think he's athletic enough. I don't know about his motivation
though(I'm not casting doubts on it yet, I just don't know about it).

>- Is he strong enough to handle NBA small forwards?

He'll have trouble with the bigger and stronger small forwards(i.e.
Rasheed Wallace, Detlef Shrempf, Rick Fox, Abdur Rahim) but he should
have the quickness and strength to deal with(as much as anyone can) Glen
Rice, Mashburn and the other smaller and quicker forwards.

>- Can he consistently knock down the corner jumper?

Isn't one of Pierce's strength's his jump shot? Most of my knowledge of
him is based the NCAA tournament and scouting reports.

>These questions, and more, will be answered during the season, but I
>don't think Toine was being anything but honest in his reply.  Were >we
not all hoping for a big man in the draft?

Remembering Acie Earl and Montross, I'll side with Pitino on this one. I
think Antoine's response was more hurt feelings than anything.

Noah(remember to reply to ishbak@conknet.com)