AW Article

It WOULD be nice to see Messrs. Gaston, Pitino and Walker impose a moratorium on all the public
backbiting.  It's hard to see how the posturing helps anyone -- except the journalists who don't
have any REAL NBA news about which to write.

That said, I hope Walker has good reason to hold is camp in Boston next year.  I don't think it's
particularly egregious for him to miss Pitino's minicamp.  The purpose of that camp is to get in
shape for the regular season, right?  How many games did Walker miss this year?  How many minutes
did he play?

As for his remarks about Pierce -- sure, they're silly if taken at face value.  Maybe AW is pouting
a little at the thought of not getting to play w/his buddy Nazr.  On the other hand, maybe he read
that article about Pierce working out in LA and shouting out the name of each player drafted ahead
of him with every shot.  A little intrasquad competitive fire can't hurt.  If that's AW's thinking,
maybe he is more suited for the captain's role than some of us had thought.

Eagerly awaiting Noah P. Evans' seminar, casebook and videocasette series on "America's libel
laws",

Michael Gooen (Stanford J.D., 1990)