No Subject

Slander: 1. law Oral communication of false statements injurious to a
person's reputation. 2. A false and malicious statement or report about
someone.

While slander in the legal sense is not met in this case, the situation
certainly falls within the second. Merely for edification purposes of
course.

> I for one am grateful that you have slowed
>down.

As greg has often enthusiastically noted, my posts are primarily
reactive. As posts regarding my favored topic, the CBA, have slowed down
so have my posts.

> But you do need to chill out.

Frankly I'm rather enjoying my control over Greg's emotions. I have
reduced Greg's arguments to ad hominem attacks which is a sure sign of
victory(if you can ever really win a debate).

As for slander and  libel's relation to the Celtics, I think the Boston
Media may lose Antoine for us with its desire to arouse our emotions. I
think the article posted by Josh(?) earlier today was the first --even
vaguely-- objective appraisal of the situation.
   I think the morals of the situation are the most interesting part.
Antoine is often attacked for his emotive nature and honesty as well as
his individuality(although this individuality can --sometimes
correctly-- be inferred as selfishness). All of these are traits
generally admired in popular philosophy, but in this case(and probably
most) fail in practice.
    As someone else noted earlier today(I'm using my hotmail account, so
I can't recall exactly) other players who are more duplicitous tend to
manipulate the media in ways that serve them. They are regarded as "team
players" and "role models" by merely telling the media what it wants to
hear. The only exception(a players whose honest attitude is respected)
is Jason Williams, but his charisma and humor mask the force of his
honesty. My personal experience agrees with this trend.
   I am disheartened by Antoine's criticism of Paul Pierce but his
Iversonian(which can be construed either way) loyalty to his friends
regardless of basketball heartens me. This trait --possibly the most
important in any team sport-- is what will bring Antoine into great
status if he ever acheives it.
   In conclusion the situation--clarified by today's article-- regarding
Antoine's contract status is far more complex than popularly supposed.
We should not be too quick to judge. Antoine's fire, tempered by
Anderson's poise, could be what brings the Celtic's their next
championship.

Noah

BTW please reply to my conknet account(ishbak@conknet.com) rather than
my hotmail account. I only check my hotmail account when I am
traveling(and I can check my conknet account from hotmail).