Re: ANTOINE IS A SCUMBAG!!!

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Jeremy wrote:

Control-C to cancel, Control-X to send.  Yep.  Got it.  Sorry about the
stillborn message.

> 	In this interview Walker said that if the Celtics don't resign him
> this offseason and let him become a free agent, then he will DEFINITELY
> sign somewhere else because the Celtics will have shown no loyalty to him.
>
> 	Now I'm pretty sure Falk put him up to this as a negotiating
> tactic, but it still reeks of the type of me-first selfishness that will
> prevent Walker from ever winning a championsip.

Well, Michael Jordan was loaded with that me-first type of selfishness,
and he's got plenty of rings.  You just never know.

> Falk knows that next year
> Walker's leverage will go way down when hardly anyone has the cap room or
> financial resources to offer Walker $100M+.

Aparently signing an agent requires turning off your brain.  And it isn't
just Antoine.

> 	But for Walker to actually come out and say that just shows you
> how much of a spoiled brat he is.  This situation is similar to when the
> little kid says to his parent, "I'm holding my breath until you buy me
> some ice cream!!!"  In this case, Pitino should just let Walker suffocate.

At this point, I'd think of it more as jockeying for position.  He
probably doesn't really mean it, but he has to look like he does to squeak
out that extra couple of million he deserves.  Hell, Kevin McHale
threatened to play in Italy before the Celtics signed him.

Dan