RE: ANTOINE IS A SCUMBAG!!!

> 	In this interview Walker said that if the Celtics don't resign him
> this offseason and let him become a free agent, then he will DEFINITELY
> sign somewhere else because the Celtics will have shown no loyalty to him.
> 	Now I'm pretty sure Falk put him up to this as a negotiating
> tactic, but it still reeks of the type of me-first selfishness that will
> prevent Walker from ever winning a championsip.  Falk knows that next year
> Walker's leverage will go way down when hardly anyone has the cap room or
> financial resources to offer Walker $100M+.

Exactly, it's a "good" business tactic on Falk's part. And he(Falk) is
telling the truth saying that he won't let Antoine re-sign with the Celtics
next year. Falk will want to make an example of Celtics to show that other
teams not to mess with him next time so other teams won't try to strongarm
him at the bargaining table(like Gaston is now).

> 	But for Walker to actually come out and say that just shows you
> how much of a spoiled brat he is.  This situation is similar to when the
> little kid says to his parent, "I'm holding my breath until you buy me
> some ice cream!!!"  In this case, Pitino should just let Walker suffocate.

Then everyone in the business world is a "spoiled brat". What you're
watching here is something resembling a "free" market. I know plenty of
people, who, after demonstrating skill and competance in some technological
field or another, force their company to fork over a large amount of money.
If their company doesn't pay, they just go somewhere else for even more.
This sort of supply and demand is a fact of life in America these days.
	Your ice cream analogy doesn't work either.  It's more like Walker's saying
that if he doesn't get his "ice cream" from his "parent" he'll just get new
"parents" in Chicago who will give him all the "ice cream" he wants.
Analogies aside, Pitino *cannot* let Walker leave without getting anything
in return. Pitino is dead serious when he states that if Walker doesn't sign
over the summer he will be traded. In the era of free agency no team wants
to end up with nothing(i.e. Orlando).

Noah