RE: goodbye oh selfish one...

On Thursday, July 09, 1998 10:38 PM, Noah P. Evans
[SMTP:ishbak@conknet.com] wrote:

> > I don't argue Shawn's a great talent but a me first player that
> > won't get you to the top .
>
> I'll even debate that point. Shawn had an implicit agreement to
renegotiate
> his contract which was violated by the sonics organization(by signing
> Mccillvane--which filled up the Sonics cap, making it impossible to
> renegotiate Kemp's contract).

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know implicit agreement is
meaningless in business .  Also I don't think this was the case.  Kemp
basically signed a long term agreement & the market jumped and scrubs like
Macilvaine were getting $5M a year, and he wanted to renegotiate.  Ho many
players do you know who have signed large $ contracts only to stink it up,
and go back to management looking to adjust there contracts down ?  Long
term contracts are the risk both parties take.