RE: goodbye oh selfish one...

> > I'll even debate that point. Shawn had an implicit agreement to
> renegotiate
> > his contract which was violated by the sonics organization(by signing
> > Mccillvane--which filled up the Sonics cap, making it impossible to
> > renegotiate Kemp's contract).
>

> It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know implicit agreement is
> meaningless in business .

Nope. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to get a
contract you want. Kemp's agreement had been nullified so he forced his way
out of Seattle. Kemp got what he wanted. Ackerly, on the other hand, didn't
and still hasn't. He's(Ackerly) been vocally unhappy about not winning a
championship for a while. If he had kept Kemp happy don't you think that
Kemp would have played better two Season's ago(right after the Sonics were
in the NBA finals) and been with the Sonics last season? Ackerly made a
mistake by letting Walker sign Mcilvaine and he paid for it.

> Also I don't think this was the case.  Kemp
> basically signed a long term agreement & the market jumped and
> scrubs like
> Macilvaine were getting $5M a year, and he wanted to renegotiate.

Maybe. We'll never know.

>  Ho many
> players do you know who have signed large $ contracts only to
> stink it up,
> and go back to management looking to adjust there contracts down ?

None.

> Long
> term contracts are the risk both parties take.

True.

Noah