Re: Matt Geiger

Demetre-da-phat-dawg wrote:

> I may get alot of heat for this post, but it has to be posted. I don't
> know what everybody is raving about Geiger. He isnt that good. First of
> all, the guy wants 4-6 million a year and we cant really afford that.
> For a guy that wants that much money with litle talent should not be
> paid that money. why don't I like the guy? There are many reasons. Matt
> geiger is a guy that is a mediocre rebounder at best, he may have the
> size at center, but he not a shot-blocker, basically his defense is
> poor, Matt is slow, and he cannot compete with the better centers in the
> NBA. Matt Geiger would not fit in our system at all, he is not a guy
> that runs the floor well, and his defense alone would make him not a
> good choice for us. Matt geiger doesnt even have a good shot, and he is
> mediocre at the free throw line. On top of all this, he has a crappy
> attitude, he gets injured, and he DOESNT want to come here. Matt geiger
> isnt even a starter and Rick wants him, I cant understand this. The fact
> that Falk owes Rick a favor is FUCKING BULLSHIT, in fact Rick owes him
> favors. So i will ask you, why pay 4-6 million for this guy, when we
> havent even taken care of the Walker situation, when Geiger doesnt even
> want to come here, and lets face it he is overrated. Just because he has
> size doesnt mean shit. European players have size but they cant
> contribute to our team. It takes more than size. Matt is a guy that cant
> be trusted, he is a huge risk. Why pay him when we can get another guy
> like Stewart or any other talented center, and when we  havent taken
> care of the others. Matt Geiger has no place on our team, and I dont
> think we should sign him. Oh yeah, and if he likes it here, how come he
> hasnt said it
> demetre-da-phat-dawg
You won't get flamed by me, I have felt all along and stated same on
this list, that at best he is nothing more than an adequate backup
center. For what he offers a team, I would rather stay with DQ, at least
DQ plays hard all the time, Geiger is a loafer and a malcontent
(according to Cowens), remember this years playoffs.
Regards, Hart