Re: Paul M and Pitino

Joe Hironaka wrote:

> Sherry & Hart wrote:
>
> >  ***
> > Hi Joe,
> >
> > PS: Who wins the world cup on Sunday?
>
> Hey Hart:
>
> BTW, good point regarding the need for a five-deep (not three-deep)
> bench for the Pitino-system to work. I wouldn't mind adding a Jeff
> Sheppard (for his outside shooting and guts), but I sense that Pitino
> doubts anyone out there is even good enough to beat out Dontae Jones or
> Greg Minor for a roster spot. It's a mystery to me why Final Four heros
> who seemingly are great athletes (Keith Smart, Miles Simon, and also
> that UNLV shooting guard from the Larry Johnson era) fail to get
> drafted. I guess that's why I'm not a pro basketball scout...

Believe me I don't know why certain great college players just don't
make it in the NBA, similar a little to why Heisman winners in football
don't make it in the NFL. I am no scout either, just love the game.

> As for the World Cup, I think I'll watch the game with my wife in a
> local Brazilian restaurant, so it will be hard to not get caught up in
> the spirit of Brazil's supporters! France has two world class defenders
> in Marcel Desailly and Lilian Thuram, but they will miss Laurent Blanc
> (unless they win an appeal to get his red card overturned). France have
> relied on their defenders to attack the goal in order to win, but I have
> a feeling they'll be afraid to run forward for fear of getting burned by
> Rivaldo/Ronaldo/Denilson.
>
> For me, it's a win-win situation. I'll decide once the game starts who
> to support, because I absolutely can't enjoy watching a game as a
> neutral supporter. Are you like that?
>
> All the best,
>
> Joe

I live in South Florida and it is a hotbed sport here with all the
Hispanic influence. Every where you go there is a TV in a store. Of
course there is a downside to the World Cup and that is the tourist
business here is taqking a vicious hit here, the Europens and the South
Americans usually arrive here the last 2 weeks of June and now the big
influx of tourist are expected here in another 10 days. They are
advertising this game as "Best Team VS Home Team". In any case enjoy
your "Churrasco " meal.
Regards,
Hart