Re: NewOperaTwinkle

> > I would never do the dot to dot on the Who by Numbers album covers,
> > but, is their anyone that will admit to doing that dot to dot?
>
> I ADMIT IT!  (really)
> Ohhhh the anguish.
> I've carried this around with me for the last 20+ years.

Why you sick bastard.......you defaced a Who album.  What other horrible
acts of Who vandalism have you engaged in?  Did you pee on the WHO'S NEXT
album cover?  Huh?  Did you?!  You disgust me.  Please turn in your Who
card on the way out.

> I listened to a bunch of radio then.

Too bad.  MTV was really kick-ass back in the early '80s.  You missed the
Golden Age.  Your loss.

> > the truth about Who fans at a concert knowing who Entwistle is lies
> > somewhere between Kevin's & Mc's opinions.
>
> Ohhhhh, how veeeeerrrrry Switzerland of you.

Not at all.  It happens to be my honest opinion.  Most rock fans are just
plain dumb & don't concern themselves with names of bass players & all the
other minutia we engage in.  It's sad to say, but some Who "fans," the ones
who go to concerts, don't really give a shit that Entwistle is gone.  Some.
I said *some.*

> I've never found *one* person who didn't know The Ox by name.

Well, we'll just have to take a poll (and we all know how painful that can
be) at the next "Who" concert, won't we?  ;-p

> I would argue (AND I WILL!) that John is/was *THE* most famous bass
> player..ever.  EVER!

That may very well be true but now it's you who has slipped away from the
original argument.  We're talking about people who attend Who concerts.
Do we need to go into percentages?  OK.  I'd bet 40% of people at Who
concerts couldn't name Entwistle.  There.  That should get your balls in
an uproar.

> You tryin' to tell me he won't be missed?

No.  I'm saying that more people than you realize *won't* miss him.  Many
will.

> You tryin' to tell me people wouldn't think twice about his loss when
> debating on attending yet another Who greatest hits show?

Some would.  The educated, intelligent Who fans.  The dumb, doltish *rock
fans* won't.  They just enjoy going to concerts in the summer & getting
fucked up.

> Well?  Swiss Cheese brain??

Personal attack!  Personal attack!  Paul!  Paul!  Mommie!  Mommie!

> I don't imagine.  I get out and interact.

Oh, I'm out there, buddy boy.  I'm out there.  Four cities & three states
just last week.  ;-p

> > a lot of Rock fans are dolts.
>
> Who fans, and those that go to Who shows aren't.

The majority are, I'm afraid.  I realized that right away after becoming a
Who fan.  I remember talking to two fellows at the Pete solo show at Jones
Beach in 1993.  "What do you think of Pete's new album," I asked?  "Too
much damn talkin' on it," one of them replied in a hillbilly accent.  And
this was at a *Pete solo concert!*

> Sophisticated is a more appropriate description.

Like the two goons I saw fighting at Boston I in 2002?  And the two goons
I saw fighting in Cleveland in '89?  These are dumb rock fans out for a
good time.  Plain old idiots.

> Now, those that come to see *your* shows may be where you're getting your
> impressions from.

Paul!  Paul!  He's hurting my feelings!!  I demand sanctions!!

> Still got the blimp??

Hangin' low, baby.  ;-)  ?

> Can we please find a round block for Tour 2004

My friend at work just asked me who was gonna play bass on the upcoming Who
album.  "I hope it's not that Pino guy," he said.  "Me, too," I replied.

> I can't get Boy sex out of my mind!

See what I mean about Who fans being stupid.

;-o

Wooo hooo!  ;-)

- SCHRADE in Akron

The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists -
that is why they invented hell.
	- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)