NewOperaTwinkle

>Subject: Plot of the new rock opera
>
>I believe all art - especially dramatic art - offers a
>mirror-door that reflects darkness, transforming it
>into light. (Or if you are Irish, reflects light,
>transforming it into mystical darkness). But the
>mirror-door I best understand is most effective when
>opened up by music, and most actual - most visceral
>and real - when opened up by rock.

Eh?
What you talkin' about Willis??

>From: SicilianMother@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Who Album Covers
>
>What is your favorite Who album cover?

Kids Are Alright.
Classic.
Simply Classic.

>Your least favorite?

Live at Leeds.
I'm of the mind that had that cover been a live shot of the band, it would have promoted the album and band much better.
But, then again, what the hell do I know.

>I would
>never do the dot to dot on the Who by Numbers album covers, but, is their
>anyone that will admit to doing that dot to dot?

I ADMIT IT!  (really)
Ohhhh the anguish.
I've carried this around with me for the last 20+ years.
I did it!
Feels good to get it off my chest.
Damn it, but I'd do it again!
John *wanted* us to do it!

?

>From: hapijac@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Pino
>
>I remember watching Pete turning up the volume on his amp as he got more into
>the music.Kinda of funny for a deaf guy to do that but he did.I know at camden
>in 2000 it hurt my ears a little at that!!

Now *that* was a fucking concert.
I was there.
There was fighting in the streets, not to mention nitrous out the ass.
The greatest Who concert I've ever seen.
The crowd was pissy.
Pete was pissy.
Pete had a cold, and was throwing snot rags all over the stage.
Pete threw his mike stand at a fan who kept yelling "I'm a boy, I'm a boy!"
Roger called him a girl (the fan).
A brawl broke out on the lawn.
Sally Simpson got trampled and broke her shoulder.

It was heaven.

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: The Edge of Pete
>
>by the time of Live Aid, U2 were already very well-known.

Perhaps by you MTV junkies.  But radio stations in general hadn't picked up on their music yet.
I listened to a bunch of radio then.
I wasn't living in a damn cave!

>After Live Aid, they were on there way to superstardom.

Live Aid, per Bono, was the concert that put them on the map.
He said it.
Not me.
I'm just agreeing with him.

>And I don't recall any Edge interviews where he's mentioned Pete
>being an influence.

In the Trio special he did say "hey, I've got a stack of Hiwatt's, what could be better."
Plus, he did several very classic Pete split-jumps.  If seemed as if he was paying direct homage.

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Anonymous OX, Plodding Pino, & Almost F*cked
>
>I think

Your first mistake.

>the truth about Who fans at a concert knowing who Entwistle is
>lies somewhere between Kevin's & Mc's opinions.

Ohhhhh, how veeeeerrrrry Switzerland of you.

>I bet you'd be surprised
>at how many people at a Who concert couldn't name Entwistle.

In all my years of being a Who fan, and talking with other mild music fans and Who fans, and tailgating at shows (many more than just the ones recently with listers), and in line for tickets, I've never found *one* person who didn't know The Ox by name.
Not a one.

I would argue (AND I WILL!) that John is/was *THE* most famous bass player..ever.
EVER!
I don't believe that most people see Macca or Sting as bass players.  They view them as vocalists.
But John....JOHN I SAY....is the one true famous bass player.  The FIRST to have a prominent bass solo.  The ONLY to have the spider persona.
The Quiet One. The one with water bottles on his mic. stands.
The one and only.........Johnny Twinkle.

You tryin' to tell me he won't be missed?
You tryin' to tell me people wouldn't think twice about his loss when debating on attending yet another Who greatest hits show?
Well?  Swiss Cheese brain??
Speak up!

>but more than Kevin might imagine.

I don't imagine.  I get out and interact.

>a lot of Rock fans are dolts.

Who fans, and those that go to Who shows aren't.
Sophisticated is a more appropriate description.
Now, those that come to see *your* shows may be where you're getting your impressions from.
Still got the blimp??

>Nearly every time he tried to attempt the bass solos in "My Generation" he
failed miserably (well, maybe not miserably, but he still had trouble).

Yealp.

>It was like trying to force a square block into a round hole.

Yealp.
Can we please find a round block for Tour 2004...The Boy Who Got The Music.

WhOOOPPSSS!

I mean The Boy Who *Heard* Music.
Damn.
Sorry about that.
Slip of the tongue.
DAMN!
I mean, I missed the mark.
Oooooo, that doesn't sound good either.

I can't get Boy sex out of my mind!
Shit!

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Who Album Covers
>
>No, that would be sacrilege.  Although it *is* tempting.  ;-)

Do it!  Free yourself!
I did.
And, I'm doing it now.
:-)