Lifehouse and Pete smashes his credit card...

Well, last night after plowing my driveway in 15 below temps, I cozy'd up
next to the wood stove and read all of the posts by Ken on the Lifehouse
interview and also Keet's thoughts, etc.
Been so busy at work that I had to print them off to give them a fair shake.

First off, Ken, rock on!
thanks for all the interview research and posts.
I had read these years ago, but it was great to re-read, re-educate.  I
always find new things upon re-reads.
You've been a great addition to the list.

What I came away with, again, is that Pete's mind is amazing.
His thoughts are almost frightening at times.  He gets so fucking deep.

Man, compressed life experiences and being able to gain the "fruits" of more
than one life?  Hello!

I also heard loud and clear the reminder by Pete to "get off your arse" and
get out there and live life in person!
Particularly in these dark, cold days of winter, I try and remind myself of
this philosophy whenever a friend calls and invites us over for dinner and a
movie or something.  It's just too easy to say "nah", and curl up on our own
couch, or in front of the computer.

Oh, and the future is about flesh?  Yipes!

Regarding thoughts on Porn.
I feel like trying to do away with porn and child porn is like trying to
"cure world hunger".
It's huge.
It's such a huge part of western society that I can't imagine a day without
it all.
And, the abuse of children can be such a subtle thing.
If I see a hot high school girl, and take a second look, am I a perv. ?
I don't think so, but by rule, I would be.
So, I don't know.
Like my view on the war on drugs, the demand should be left alone or treated
at most, and the *supply* should be attacked.

Keets, your research is admirable.
Keep it up!
However, I have to keep reminding myself that hind sight is 20/20.
I can see the view of Pete having orchestrated this whole thing, but then it
also dawns on me that it doesn't make sense.
I can't believe that Pete would purposely put The Who's reputation at risk
(let alone his own) for this.  That's not fair to Roger, John, or Keith.
I keep coming back to the simple Floyd line that Pete had a "momentary lapse
of reason".  He may have been arrogant.  At best, he just didn't care what
the results would bring.  He sure looks like he cares now.

I've left that Time Mag. article open on my eating table since I got it.
Every day, multiple times a day, I see that photo of
Pete...exhausted...dismayed?
I just can't believe that he wanted it all this way.
If he wanted to smash his credit card, and make a big scene, there would
have been 1000 better more productive ways to do it without ruining his
reputation.
How about stopping a concert, like right in the middle of TKAA, and
addressing the problem in public?
"Hey, not *all* kids are all right!!!!!!!"
*THAT* would have created a stirr.  Everyone was watching.  What an impact
that would have made across the country.  The world!
He would have been a hero.
Now, even now, I sense Pete is tainted.  No matter what happens today, or
tomorrow, I fear Pete is permanently tainted with this.
Pete = viewer of child porn (at best).

We'll see what the future brings, but the deafening silence now seems to me
to just sound like the cement drying and casting this Pete image in stone.
We need something to come along and exonerate our boy.

Rambling thoughts brought to you by that "dick"..
Kevin in VT