Re: Lifehouse and Pete smashes his credit card...

> What I came away with, again, is that Pete's mind is amazing.

Yes.  It's not just his guitar playing that has us hooked.

> He gets so fucking deep.

He's certainly "in deep" now!

> It's just too easy to say "nah", and curl up on our own couch, or in
> front of the computer.

Tell me about it.  Staying home & reading is more & more tempting to me
the older I get.  It's hard just getting up the energy to go out anymore.
I'm turning into an old fuddy-duddy.

> Oh, and the future is about flesh?  Yipes!

Flesh for fantasy.

> I feel like trying to do away with porn and child porn is like trying
> to "cure world hunger".  It's huge.

I think there's a bit of a guilt complex when it comes to dealing with
these huge world-wide problems.  People want to do *something* to help
alleviate these tragedies.  They know they can't solve them, or eradicate
them entirely, but it feels good to do something - to help even on a
small scale.  Maybe that's the motive of the authorities in this current
child porn "witch hunt."

> If I see a hot high school girl, and take a second look, am I a perv.?

Old enough to set the table, old enough to eat!  ;-o  (sorry)
("How dare he make a joke like that.  The nerve!")

> Like my view on the war on drugs, the demand should be left alone or
> treated at most, and the *supply* should be attacked.

They can't even stop the supply.  Even *that's* too big.

> Keets, your research is admirable.  Keep it up!

Wonder how she scored on that research paper.

> I can see the view of Pete having orchestrated this whole thing, but
> then it also dawns on me that it doesn't make sense.

Good.  You're thinking clearly now.

> I can't believe that Pete would purposely put The Who's reputation at
> risk (let alone his own) for this.

He wouldn't.

> That's not fair to Roger, John, or Keith.

Or us fans.

> I keep coming back to the simple Floyd line that Pete had a "momentary
> lapse of reason".

Fuck Pink Floyd.  Wimpy bastards.

> I've left that Time Mag. article open on my eating table since I got
> it. Every day, multiple times a day, I see that photo of
> Pete...exhausted...dismayed?

I made one of those photos my wallpaper on my home computer.  I want to
be reminded.  I don't want to ignore the situation or let it get buried
with other thoughts.  I'm not sure why.  I suppose it's the same reason
you leave that Time magazine sitting there, open to Pete's picture.

> I just can't believe that he wanted it all this way.

Of course he didn't.  He erred.

> No matter what happens today, or tomorrow, I fear Pete is permanently
> tainted with this.  Pete = viewer of child porn (at best).

Sadly, that's true.  It'll always be there.  Stealing glory from The Who's
great music.  Guilty or just naively foolish, either way, Pete's damaged
goods.

> We'll see what the future brings, but the deafening silence now seems to
> me to just sound like the cement drying and casting this Pete image in
> stone.

Nice metaphor dealing with a difficult situation.

> We need something to come along and exonerate our boy.

We need no more revelations or charges.  Then we, & Pete, can work on mop-
ping up the spill.

> Rambling thoughts brought to you by that "dick"..
> Kevin in VT

Hey, even dicks have heads!  ;-o

- SCHRADE in Akron