Worst songs

"Water" is on someone's worst list?  Some things in the universe I just
don't understand.  And if "Dogs Pt. 2" does not bear the mark of pure
genius, what does?

Speaking of "Water", when Roger asserts ".. and I'm sure there isn't one
of us here who'd say 'no' to somebody's daughter", you here five (5)
"No!"s.  Assuming that four of those are the band, who is the fifth?

OK, now my vote for the all-time worst Who song (drumroll please):

1. In the City

This is an absolute stinker.  IIRC Pete and Roger didn't show up to the
session, leaving Keith and John to make this up on the spot.  Lyrical
highlight: "In the city all the girls are pretty and they go."  This
song was so bad that the Jam, who covered a barrage of Who material,
instead wrote their own song with this title.

Here's the rest of my list, leaving aside the post-Moon material (not
that I think it's that bad, it just doesn't fit the concept) and Tommy
(which has a good deal of cruft if viewed outside the concept of the
album):

2. Here For More ("The man knocks you down on the floor")
3. The Seeker ("I've looked under chairs, I've looked under tables")
4. I've Been Away ("It wasn't me, it was my brother Bill")
5. Love is Coming Down (this one just drags... and drags... and rips of
Quad...)
6. Don't Look Away (followed by its natural partner in sucking,)
7. See My Way (da-da, da-da, da-da, da-da, da-da da-da my way)
8. Rael (I second the motion.. this may be seminal but it's close to
unlistenable)
9. cover of Under My Thumb (listen to the ferocity in Rog's voice...)
10. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde ("Someone is stealing my money from me")

Honorable mention: "Fire", but I said I'd restrain myself from
post-Moon...

Wait a minute, scratch all that.  I vote for "everything on Who's Last".
:-)

Wes the lurker