Re: Video Quad--a couple of questions

Vacc116@aol.com wrote:

>   I just bought a video boot from the American leg of the Quad tour. The video is from Albany-I forget the date. It's the whole show
including the encores. The shot was from the audiance so the sound isn't
so great, the big problem is the extreme lack of bass in the mix. Does
anyone who went to this show remember if the bass was low during the
show? I know people have complained about the lack of bass at other
shows. I was present at 2 MSG shows, Nassau Collisium, and The
Continental Arena and I don't remember the bass sounding this low.
Besides the bass problem it's a decent boot.>

The Albany show (11/18) may have been the best of the east coast dates.
Entwistle wan't any lower in the mix than any other night on that tour,
nor MSG in July.  The problem probably stems from the camera itself,
most likely a mono camera that gives a tinny sound.  I have this tape,
too, and it is pretty tinny.

>   The guy I bought it from said that he should be getting a video from the first show of the tour that started in California- I forget the city
but I remember hearing a lot about the show. Has anyone seen a video
from this show? If you have was it any good?>

He's probably talking about San Jose, the video for which has recently
surfaced.  That wasn't the irst show though.  The played Portland,
Tacoma, and two nights in Vancouver before hitting San Jose.

~~d