Re: Pete's Height & Weight

Litgo,

	RE:> Bios have always listed Pete at 6 feet, 10 stone (UK listers: how
much is> a stone?). Same with JAE. However, when I met John during the
DST tour, he> was considerably shorter than me (5'10') and he was even
wearing boots.

	(Laughing) Sounds like College basketball height listings, which are
notoriously overreaching, presumably to affect the other team's
impression of who they are playing, i.e., to make them think the other
player was larger than he really was.  When Charles Barkley was at
Auburn, for instance, he was listed at 6' 6" or 6' 7", but when he
entered the NBA, he, as if by magic, shrunk to a meager 6'4".  I guess
an inch is slightly larger in the NBA than college - must be that "New
Math" they use in universities these days.
	Perhaps the Who's bios used the same strategy to make the members seem
larger than they really are.  I'm sure other groups/artists do the
same.  Hell, for years, Madonna was listed at "6'3", 11.7 rebounds per
game."  Image is everything, as they say.
	Every good wish--Tom Farrell