Davey Meets The Moderator (Part XIII)

D13: Hello. Anyone out there want to be the list moderator?
WF: What do we need a "moderator" for?
D13: Because this list get's out of control?
WF: Who's? Yours, or mine?
D13: You're not starting a fight, are you?
WF: Wouldn't dream of it.
D13: Now, if you don't mind, I'm talking to everyone else, not just YOU.
WF: Fine. However, I think *I'll* apply for the position?
D13: You??? But...
WF: That's right, me. Who were you expecting, Captain Picard? Pete Townshend?
Felix The Cat? Aunty Em?
D13: Well, I don't want YOU to be the moderator?
WF: hMMM... I don't see anyone else speaking up.
RT: Hi! I have some experience with "censorship"...
WF: Too bad you have more experience with gerbils! :)
D13: There you go again! I'm getting MAD!
WF: Well, it looks like you have two "victims" and nobody else, would you
like to continue?
D13: OK, OK... ummmm... Alright, how would you guys "moderate" this list?
WF: I'd keep it the same.
D13: That's not moderation!
WF: Sure it is. Can't fix what ain't broken.
D13: Fine! What about you, RT?
RT: You're off topic, don't post that to the list.
D13: What??? I was asking you a question.
RT: You're off topic, don't post that to the list.
D13: What's that supposed to mean?
RT: You're off topic, don't post that to the list.
D13: Is this a joke? I want to know what you'd do as moderator!!!
RT: You're off topic, don't post that to the list.
D13: Hey! This isn't funny! And that's not what *I* had in mind.
RT: You're off topic, don't post that to the list.
D13: Are you nuts?
RT: No, but you gave me the job and I'm doing it. I don't want you posting
that to the list. Haven't you read the list charter?
D13: But that's not what the moderator is supposed to do!!!
RT: I say otherwise. If you continue to post this, I'm turning you in to
Paul.
D13: Uhhh, WF, is there something you can do?
RT: You're off topic, don't post that to the list.
WF: This IS what you wanted, isn't it?
RT: You're off topic, don't post that to the list.
D13: I don't really know what I wanted, I guess.
RT: You're off topic, don't post that to the list.
WF: Seems like you should of thought of this first, no? After all, you're the
"philospher", not me...
RT: You're off topic, don't post that to the list.
D13: Rich, WILL YOU SHUT UP!!!
RT: You're off topic, don't post that to the list.
D13: WF, DO SOMETHING, PLEASE!!!
RT: You're off topic, don't post that to the list.
WF: Do "something"? Like what? Feed Rich's gerbils?
RT: You're off topic, don't post that to the list.
D13: No, anything! I can't take this! I was... I was... wrong!
RT: You're off topic, don't post that to the list.
WF: OK, RT, you're fired. Davey doesn't want you anymore.
RT: You're off topic, don't post that to the list.
WF: hMMM... Rich, remember that previous post of mine???
RT: You're... ...???? ...  ....Oh that's just great! OK, fine, I'll leave
now, but you'll be sorry. I'll be back someday...
D13: You're my hero, WF!
WF: Let's not get too sentimental, here. Other's are watching...
D13: Say, what if I gave you my phone #, and we met quietly at...
WF: Dave!!!
D13: OK, OK...

The End...

- -wf