"Who's For Tennis?" (part 2)

(BTW, this is the aborted 1968 Who album) I listened to the mid section on
(From "Kill My Appetite")... This tape seems to be derrived from acetates and
apparently been put aside for many, many years. Here's the track listing as
per the tape:

Early Morning Cold Taxi, Glow Girl, Can't Tell A Note From A Symphony (Girls
Eyes), Now I'm A Farmer, Call Me Lightning, To Kill My Appetite (D), Little
Billy, The Jaguar (not, Jaguar, but one of the instrumentals that appears on
the boot, "Who The F*ck"), Someone's Coming, Faith In Something Bigger, Dr
Jekyll & Mr Hyde, That Glittering Girl, Melancholia (D) , Naked Eye. (D) =
seem to be Pete Demos

Now, the parts that I listened to vary in sound quality, but the songs all
seem to be in true stereo (varying separation--ie "Someone's Coming" is NOT
as wide as say on the new "Sell Out") except for "Call Me Lightning", which
seems to be in mono...

I didn't have a lot of time to fool with the tape yet, but it seems as if it
can be cleaned up a bit and re-EQed, fairly easily. While some of you have
songs like "Kill My Appetite" on a boot, currently, this version is in
stereo, longer and pretty clean. Dr Jekyll is a stereo mix that is a cross
between the version on "Magic Bus" LP and the "rarity" version. The other
songs I listened to seem to be earlier versions of different mixes.

What I've agreed to do with the owner of the tape, is to listen to it, record
it for myself, review it and send it back to him, post his information, so
that YOU may get a copy from him at a fairly reasonable price.

I hope to have this whole thing semi-analyzed within a week for you guys (and
gals)...

- -wf