My Generation CD Single

>1) My Generation. Seems a tad thinner than I've previously heard...
>2) Pinball Wizard (Live, from Leeds) Not bad, but I don't think it was
mixed
>as well as
>     the new "Live At Leeds".
>3) Boris The Spider. For some reason, this mono mix sounds a bit cleaner
than
>    previously released ones. Who knows?
>4) My Generation. (love mix?) This is a "once listen". Someone must be
taking drugs

Hmmm . . . . seems like a wasted opportunity to me.  Aside from Pinball
Wizard, there doesn't appear to be anything worthwhile.  They could have at
least used the stereo mix for Boris the Spider.  Yes, I do think that
extensive drug use is a prerequisite for those who choose bonus tracks for
CD singles.  Unfortunately, few artists take full advantage of the format
(e.g., Pearl Jam, which spread most of the Atlanta broadcast over a three
part single).

Given the limited space for unreleased material on the upcoming Odds and
Sods collection (I still think that going with anything less than two discs
would be criminal), perhaps someone could convince MCA and Polygram to
release a CD single (or better yet, a two or three part single) for Long
Live Rock with additional unreleased material.  This would allow them to
keep the Odds and Sods release manageable while still providing die hard
fans with access to any other worthwhile material that remained in the
vaults.