Re: My Generation CD Single

Dave, re:

<<  Hmmm . . . . seems like a wasted opportunity to me.  Aside from Pinball
 Wizard, there doesn't appear to be anything worthwhile.  They could have at
 least used the stereo mix for Boris the Spider.  Yes, I do think that
 extensive drug use is a prerequisite for those who choose bonus tracks for
 CD singles.  Unfortunately, few artists take full advantage of the format >>
Given the limited space for unreleased material on the upcoming Odds and
Sods collection (I still think that going with anything less than two discs
would be criminal), perhaps someone could convince MCA and Polygram to
release a CD single (or better yet, a two or three part single) for Long
Live Rock with additional unreleased material.  This would allow them to
keep the Odds and Sods release manageable while still providing die hard
fans with access to any other worthwhile material that remained in the
vaults.

I'm not sure anything on this single is unique compared to the upcoming
release of the full-length CD. One of the problems The Who had with rarities
is never "collecting them all" to be released on an album/CD/etc. Why start
that problem all over again, especially when MCA probably has NO intention of
releasing this single, and therefore the "bonus" tracks would remain
unavailable for most fans...

It's a catch 22, really...

- -wf