PT hearing

Mike,re
>it's always great just to see Pete. I still don't get it.  Is he still not
>playing electric because of the tininitus(?)  thing.  How much different can
>it be to not be playing guitar himself just to have three other people doing
>it instead?

This is something I've also asked, numerous times since joining the list,
but no  convincing explanation is ever offered, at least I haven't read one
emanating from the Who camp or PT... All these guitar mag interviews keep
asking Pete about Hendrix, dope, Moon's demise and other hoary  matters
(which Pete keeps answering with courtesy) but no one asks him an imporatnt
question such as the one above raised by Mike. My theory: for some reason
there isn't a form of hearing protection (or PT has concluded there is none)
which will allow Pete to stay on a rock stage for more than a few minutes at
a time let alone allow him to play electric as loud as you'd have to in an
open venue like Hyde Park or a shed....Gary M.