Re: several things

Kevin, re:

>Has anyone heard the Mobile Fidelity Gold Quad disc?  How does it compare
>to the original?  Is it a remix or remaster?  I am probably in the
>minority, but I happen to like the mix of the original.

I've got the original MCA, the Polydor & the Gold. Here's how I rank them:

1) Polydor (better sound and nice packaging--fold out double with book in the
middle)
2) MCA (not as good as above soundwise, but not bad at all--packaging stinks)
3) Gold (sounds flat compared to #1 and #2 above--packaging SHOULD have been
more like #1, but is more like #2 with the book and CD jackets all squeezed
in a thin package)

And... I agree with your other points...

-wf