several things

* for Brad, re video source:
email vidcom@cts.com for a listing of their available videos.  I've never
ordered anything from them, but their selection is quite impressive and
includes Tanglewood.

* Amazingly, the drum solo in WGFA *is* hauntingly like the one in "The
End."  Nice spot, Gary...

* Marshall, re Quad reissue/snipping:
I must admit I cannot understand the desire to chop something out simply
to make the thing fit on one CD.  I've *always* had to switch the CD's
when I play it (I don't have a multi-disc player), and it's never
bothered me.  Hell, I didn't care that I had to flip the albums twice AND
change records when I played the vinyl version (back in the Pleistocene
Era before lasers totaled up our groceries).  So what if I have to shell
out another 8 or 10 bucks?  We're only talking about one of the 10 Most
Important Albums Of My Life...  I agree with Chris that it would be great
to have some bonus tracks (live stuff from Quad period or outtakes, etc)
but the bottom line is that it just doesn't matter.  As for where they
make the disc "break," I say make it right where it is now, or
alternatively, make the break where the old side 3-side 4 break was
(between Bell Boy and Dr Jimmy) but GOD don't make it between The Rock
and Love Reign O'er Me... the transition between those two songs is one
of the most important resolutions in the whole thing.  I wouldn't buy it
if they did that (well, I probably would, but I'd be sending them more
hate mail than if they snipped sea sounds and outtros to fit on one
disc).

Has anyone heard the Mobile Fidelity Gold Quad disc?  How does it compare
to the original?  Is it a remix or remaster?  I am probably in the
minority, but I happen to like the mix of the original.

Finally, in my never ending curiosity about the people on this list, I'll
throw out a new question:
What are the 10 Most Important Albums Of *Your* Life?

Here's my list (in no particular order, and subject to change at any
moment):

The Pretender - Jackson Browne
Close To The Edge - Yes
Dreams and All That Stuff - Leo Kottke
Dark Side Of The Moon - P. Floyd
Physical Graffiti - the band that Keith/John named
Discipline - King Crimson
Live At Leeds - duh
Quadrophenia - duh
The Complete Recordings - Robert Johnson
461 Ocean Blvd. - Eric Clapton

OK,
KLW