Re: MCA Reissues

Marshall, re:

> So please don't imagine that MCA is trying to rip us off by editing the
four minutes: the real rip-off lies in leaving them in.

The issue to us SHOULDN'T be about money? Are we really going to quible over
something that may cost an extra $10, but be played 100s or even 1,000s of
times???

The issue is about "Quadrophenia". The length is the length (very profound)
and that's what it should stay. As for cutting, gee, what if they cut YOUR
favorite part, or mine? Are you still going to miss the lousy $10 then?

As for Pete, WE care more about these stinking records then anyone associated
with The Who. Pete doesn't listen to his own music unless he's rehearsing to
it or playing it live. And, don't think that when CDs go to a LONGER length,
that then they'll extend it. Once it's cut, it's gone! A good case in point
is "The Kids Are Alright" movie. They cut it originally to fit it on a 2 hour
VHS tape. Since that time, tape lengths have significantly increased, but the
movie in ALL formats since then (except for the ill-fated CED discs) has been
sped up and shortened. Maybe that's what YOU want, I don't.

Quality is ALWAYS important. You won't miss the $10, but you will miss the
"sea and sand..."

-wf