Re: Personal tastes.

>I think most of us like more bands than just the Who.  If one is
>going to put down the greatest band of all time (dispute it if
.you wish, but their track record is untouchable;

The Beatles wrote cute songs and could be outplayed by lots of
bands.  Popular culture has assured them of their place in
history, but they were not the best band of all time.  I like the
Who more, too, and am willing to state that they were a better
rock band than the Lads from Liverpool.  But, hey, the Who didn't
sell as many records and came later.  But the Who's work was
equally as thoughtful and a damn sight more powerful and better
played. End of commentary. If one likes the Beatles, great, but
when you make comments like "greatest band of all time," be
prepared to back them up.

Can we move on?