Re: Re[2]: Squeeze Box

>Besides, the Who's body of work prior to WBN suggests I shouldn't expect any
>filler, either. Yeah, we all get writer's block, and that means not putting
>out the crap we write when we're working through it. Maybe this song was a
>covert attempt to have a hit single...

Jim:
Pete said at the time that he wrote Squeeze Box as a single. In context with
the rest of the album, that becomes clear. It is the only song that is out
of sync. Even Success Story follows the program.
The writing of singles was something Pete (and other British Rockers) had
drummed into them early in their career. This is the true legacy of The
Beatles...
Besides, to paraphrase Charlie Brown, it's not a bad little song...

                Cheers                   ML