Re: bad mixes

John, re:

>All this talk about It's Hard has reminded me of how poor the production
>of the album was....Of course, I don't have the CD ...just the vinyl
release.

Actually, the CD went through various stages of improvement. The first
Polydor issue was a bit muddy, and the 1st Warner pressing was a little
better. By the 3rd Warner pressing they improved it very much. I have no clue
what MCA did (or didn't do to it). I bought I recent Polydor pressing when I
was in England, but haven't played it yet...

For vinyl, the "Quiex II" promo copies seemed to play best...

WF <~