From: John A. Kilpatrick <john@hypergeek.net>
To: ''jettaglx@igtc.com ' ' <jettaglx@igtc.com>
Sent: Fri Oct 18 20:22:09 2002
Subject: Replacing the timing chain?

So yeah, I definitely need a new clutch.  So my baby will be going under the
knife soon for that purpose.  I brought up a new flywheel, but the fact is I
don't want it any less driveable.

However, the topic of the timing chain and the assorted bits came up.  The
guy at the shop couldn't remember doing it, and the guy at the dealership
didn't think it was a part that is routinely replaced.  Any real reason it
needs to be replaced?  I was always under the impression that it is a
lifetime part.

Thanks,
John

--