From: John A. Kilpatrick
To: ''jettaglx@igtc.com ' '
Sent: 10/18/2002 8:22 PM
Subject: Replacing the timing chain?

So yeah, I definitely need a new clutch.  So my baby will be going under
the
knife soon for that purpose.  I brought up a new flywheel, but the fact
is I
don't want it any less driveable.

However, the topic of the timing chain and the assorted bits came up.
The
guy at the shop couldn't remember doing it, and the guy at the
dealership
didn't think it was a part that is routinely replaced.  Any real reason
it
needs to be replaced?  I was always under the impression that it is a
lifetime part.

Thanks,
John

--