Re: Replacing the timing chain?

On 10/19/02 8:53 AM, "Marc Gallagher" <mgallagher@Langan.com> wrote:

> Run away from that stealership. The chain may last, but the guides and
> tensioner are plastic part that definately wear!
>
> Run away run away

No, that's what they said.  The guides and tensioner are going to be
replaced for sure, but it was the chain itself we were wondering about.
It's not something that has a defined lifetime like timing belts which
usually get replaced at 60,000miles.

And the work isn't being done at a dealership anyway, but he had to call the
dealership to get a parts price.

--
                               John A. Kilpatrick
john@hypergeek.net                Email|     http://www.hypergeek.net/