RE: Re-programming keyless remote entry

Hi all,

I managed to successfully reset the remote on my car.  It turns out that
this remote system (developed by Code Alarm) was also used in '93 Ford
Explorers, and I found instructions off of a Ford newsgroup.

For the record, here are the instructions:

Remote Programming for most Code Alarm systems post 1993

1. Open the drivers door.
2. Turn the ignition key ON (turn the key all the way forward without
starting vehicle).
3. Press and hold the programming/override button (located under the dash,
next to the receiver module).  In Approximately 20 seconds, the system will
cycle the door locks 3 times to indicate the system has entered the
Transmitter Programming Mode. (do not release the programming/override
button).
4. Press the #1 button on the unprogrammed transmitter.  The system will
respond by cycling the door locks one time to indicate the transmitter has
been learned.
5. All other transmitters (up to four) also need to be programmed at this
time.
6. Programming is now complete.  Let go of the programming/override button
and turn ignition OFF to exit learn mode.

Darren.

--
Darren Gibbons                                    dgibbons@openroad.ca
OpenRoad Communications                       phone: 604.694.0554 x102