Re-programming keyless remote entry

Hi all,

I posted a while back about obtaining a keyless remote for my '97 Jetta GLX.
I recently purchased one off of ebay, but it did not come with instructions
for reprogramming it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  The GTI-VR6 list has instructions for the
key-style remote, but I'm not sure if they will work with this version.

http://www.gti-vr6.net/library/electrical/keyless_entry.html

I hope to be receiving the part this weekend; any tips are welcomed.

Thanks,

Darren.

--
Darren Gibbons                                    dgibbons@openroad.ca
OpenRoad Communications                       phone: 604.694.0554 x102