Rough idle problem

I have tried the water-cooled VW newsgroups, and gotten great response, but no fix to my problem. My
96 GLX has a bit of a rough idle which gets worse the warmer the engine gets. After the oil temp
hits 200, the idle sometimes dives briefly to about 300rpm, then pops up to 1000rpm to compensate,
then settles back to a rough 650.

On advice from my mechanic and the newsgroup, I have gone through: injector #6 replaced, fuel rail
removed and cleaned, several bottles of 44K cleaner, new K&N air filter, cleaned the leaf screen on
my airbox, cleaned out my upper and lower intake manifolds, cleaned off my throttle plate and all
the hoses that run from the box to the plate, new fuel pump (and tank, ouch), new coil pack, new
plugs/wires......... I think that's it. Anyway, I can't think of anything else that could be causing
it. There are no codes in my OBD-II chip. There used to be a cylinder 6 misfire, hence the replaced
fuel injector, but that has not come back and may have been there previous to my purchasing it.

The fact that it's worse when it's warmer suggests to me an air intake problem, but I don't know the
system well enough to say "oh, yeah, it's the IAC valve."

HELP!!! :-)

# Nathan
1996 GLX