Re: Should I buy a Corrado SLC???

>From: "David Bergesen" <volkswagenvr6@hotmail.com>
>Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:35:46 -0700
>
>Okay. I do appreciate that the Corrado wouldn't be AS good as a track car
>as
>a 325. I have looked into both. I'd kinda' just like a Corrado to have, you
>know, for fun. I'm trying to figure out if there is any practical reason
>NOT
>to buy one to replace my Jetta. I'm not even saying that I wouldn't ALSO
>get
>an E30 325, but I really am trying to figure out if there are any grounds
>on
>which to dissuade me from buying a Corrado. See my point? I like the
>Corrado.

So you're looking for reasons NOT to buy the Corrado .. ok, I can help,
remember what you said originally, that you wanted to get this as a track
car ... keep that in mind:

1)  It's front-wheel-drive [FWD].
2)  It plows under throttle cause it's FWD.
3)  It's got horrible weight distribution cause it's FWD
4)  It's got torque-steer cause it's FWD (a handful in 1st and second gear
corners)
5)  It probaby doesn't have the structural rigidity an E30 has.
6)  E30s already have the holes drilled to mount harnesses
7)  BMW transmissions are now, and forever will be, that by which all others
are compared to.

Is that enough for now or should I keep going?

Bill