Re: Should I buy a Corrado SLC???

At 6:12 PM -0700 4/24/01, David Bergesen wrote:
>Opinions? I've always loved the SLC, especially with the speed
>actuated spoiler. For some reason, all research has rendered
>complaints of 'high maintenance costs.' Could they really be all
>that worse than other VR6 maint? Please let me know what you think.
>I'd like it as a track car/runabout, being quicker, lighter, and
>nimbler than the Jetta.

It's not that much quicker, lighter, nor nimbler than a GLX, IMO. It
looks a lot sexier, but all things considered, you'll be buying a car
that is at least six years old. And going back beyond that (93 and
earlier had a much older interior), you'll end up with a car that is
more reminiscent of the "A2" interior as opposed to the more refined
"A3" interior you were used to in your Jetta in later models.

Now if you could get your hands on a low mileage Corrado "Storm"
(1996, Canada only) that could be worthwhile, but expect to pay a
pretty penny for that. Oh, and your gas mileage will drop with the
gearing of the Corrado set for performance as opposed to economy.
--

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax