Re: New jetta opinion poll... GLX or Wolfsburg?

>From: Khan Klatt <khan@mediaaccess.com>
>Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 14:02:02 -0700
>
>First, I'll admit I haven't actually driven a 325, so feel free to
>tell me I'm wrong, but I'm betting the cost of the paper this is
>printed on, that your 325 isn't all that dramatically different from
>a Jetta/Golf 1.8T with a sport suspension... which can cost $7K less
>(I'm presuming you compared the 325 to the GLX VR6). I'm not saying
>there's NO REASON why anyone would buy a 325, as they are surely fine
>cars-- it's just that in the realm of the discussion we were having,
>the $7K apparently makes enough of a difference to consider a less
>expensive car.

I have a '01 325Ci (that's the coupe) on order with a 5 speed, the sport
package, and a moonroof.  I've test driven the 3 series 4 times now, the 5
series twice, and the 3 series once.  Not including the laps around Limerock
and Loudon in some of my friend's BMW's ... when I say the 3 series is
lightyears ahead of the Golf/Jetta platform, it's an understatement.  I
don't know how else to describe it, the only thing you can do is go out and
drive it.  Do NOT drive any model without the sport package.

Bill
Had '98 GLX
Has '01 325Ci