Re: shocks

Jeremy Brandow wrote:

> Chris,
>   Great to hear that you like the Konis.  That's exactly what I wanted
> to hear!
>   I personally was thinking of runing neuspeed lowering springs with
> konis.  How expensive were your H&R?

I think that i got them from the Tire Rack for about $189.00. I had
Chris@Fast Enough Performance order them for me. www.fastenough.com

> I plan on getting the springs here in the next
> few weeks, and then the Konis in a month or so. Then eventually I want
> 17 in. rims.
>   I am on a TITE budget.  I need to save money where ever possble,
> especially since I will probably have a shop do my whole installation.
> I'm sure I'm going to get raped!

Don't forget to factor in the cost of an alignment, as you WILL have to have
one of these once the shocks  and/or springs are installed.

>   Over all what I am looking for is NOT
> slamming my jetta to the groud, but instead, I want a good look, great
> cornering car that I drive nights and weekends

Definitely want to go with any of the "Sport" type springs; i.e., H&R,
Eibach, Neuspeed, etc. they are all relatively the same. The sport springs
retain the progressive nature of spring rates, STAY AWAY FROM LINEAR
SPRINGS!!!!!!!!

>   Have you upgraded your swaybars?

I am running the Neuspeed 25mm/28mm combination, the Neuspeed Upper Front
Tie Bar, and an Auto power 6 pt. full roll cage.

You will tell a difference by adding just the sway bars, in fact, the
difference is quite noticeable; to be honest, i don't know what the feeling
of just the bars would do on a VR6 Jetta, as i added several components at
the same time, thus i can not isolate the sway bar upgrade, sorry.