weirdest oil change ever (pls read)

Interesting.

I took my car to the do-it-yourself auto shop on base yesterday to change my
oil and install the Turn 2. Both were easy.

The odd-ness began when I cranked the engine over when I was leaving. I've
never experienced a grinding sound before when turning over - until
yesterday. It almost sounded as though there were no oil in the system. No
problems the next half dozen starts, but then I got another small growl
today when I started 'er up.

I didn't notice too much difference with the Whipple - well maybe a little
on acceleration, but when letting off the gas there's still a big shudder
from the engine rolling back over (I'm sure it's because the other mounts
are too supple). I was hoping to get rid of that excess shake, but sometimes
it just doesn't work out like it's supposed to. About the biggest difference
I noted was that the engine sounds different - a little deeper, a little
louder. Maybe it has something to do with the oil thing??? Suggestions?

Last problem. I do think my belt is about to go. The car has been hesitant
to start the past several days when I'm preparing to leave for work. I'm
guessing maybe that the belt is loose and not spinning the alternator quite
as well as it should. Any ideas?

David John