Re: Dunlop SP 5000's vs Eagle GA's.

At 12:11 PM -0500 03/16/2000, Bill Hussey wrote:
>Khan Klatt wrote:
>
>  > (although I am convinced that AWD is the best-- otherwise, why did
>  > BMW put their AWD into the X5 if RWD is so superior?).
>
>Because it's an offroad vehicle you moronic twit!!!

I quote from "Mens Journal":

"The X5, with barely 7 inches of clearance, is no off-road vehicle."

>Your write up up your new tires sux ass.

And you would know, since you seem to be quite intimate with sucking ass.

>You sound like some highschool
>punk that's trying to sound like he knows what performance is but has no
>clue whatsoever.  Back to this AWD shit again, not you, nor anyone else on
>this list ever explained just how AWD is better, a bunch of you said it
>was, but never came up with a reason.

OK, here goes, dumbass:

When three out of your four wheels are slipping, the car can transfer
power to the tire with the most grip. With FWD or with RWD,
regardless of which you pick, you can only transfer power to the tire
with the most grip, but you only have one choice about which tire
that will be, even if the tire with the most grip is in the opposite
end of the car, with no drive train on that axle.

So, in the worst case scenario, AWD is better to keep your car on the
same path. There is no benefit that traction control on a FWD or RWD
car can provide that an AWD car can't beat. At best, they'll be
equal. At worst, AWD will provide more control.

>I still can't get over the fact that you put down a set of tires because
>you couldn't acclerate hard on a hill ... I still want to belive that's all
>just some pathetic joke, but alas ... it's not.

That wasn't the only reason. The tires were worn (after only 30,000
miles), the GA's suck ass, and wet performance is dismal. The fact
that I could spin the tires in any gear except fourth & fifth gear on
a modestly wet surface is testament to that. I never tried fourth or
fifth.

>If you really knew what
>you were talking about ... trivial shit like whether or not your FRONT
>WHEEL DRIVE car is able to accelerate hard, from a full stop, up a hill,
>would be just that ... trivial!

You don't know me, you don't know the situation, so therefore you
don't know what the hell you're talking about.

The tires made a huge difference. Since you weren't there, you
wouldn't know shit about it, so you're talking out of your ass, and
that is painfully apparent.

>  oh well,
>they're still decent rubber for the car.

Only if you're a total dumb ass, then yeah, I'd have to agree with you.

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax