Re: Dunlop SP 5000's vs Eagle GA's.

Khan Klatt wrote:

> (although I am convinced that AWD is the best-- otherwise, why did
> BMW put their AWD into the X5 if RWD is so superior?).

Because it's an offroad vehicle you moronic twit!!!

Your write up up your new tires sux ass.  You sound like some highschool
punk that's trying to sound like he knows what performance is but has no
clue whatsoever.  Back to this AWD shit again, not you, nor anyone else on
this list ever explained just how AWD is better, a bunch of you said it
was, but never came up with a reason.

I still can't get over the fact that you put down a set of tires because
you couldn't acclerate hard on a hill ... I still want to belive that's all
just some pathetic joke, but alas ... it's not.  If you really knew what
you were talking about ... trivial shit like whether or not your FRONT
WHEEL DRIVE car is able to accelerate hard, from a full stop, up a hill,
would be just that ... trivial!

Since we're back on the "Do GA's suck?" and "AWD is da bomb!" threads, I'll
add something about the GA's.  On an all day Connecticut backroad ride with
a friend I'm trying to sell the car to, I boiled the front tires.  I've
never quite seen that before, I've chunked plenty of tires on plenty of
different cars in the past, but I've never seen 'em boil.  To be honest
though, after waiting a few minutes for them to cool, the boiling stopped
and the "skin" that formed got ground off within another 2 miles or so.
Unfortunately however, when it was all said and done, upon close inspection
of the tire, there was a blister (bubble) in the sidewall .... oh well,
they're still decent rubber for the car.

Bill
'98 GLX