Re: Dunlop SP 5000's vs Eagle GA's.

Hey all,

You are right, the GA's are the worst tires that I have ever
had on any of my cars, ever.

I was being cheap, but couldn't wait to wear down the tires and
33k miles later I replaced them with the Dunlop sp8000's, and
the differences are night and day.  The only thing I don't like
about them is that they are rather noisy at idle speeds, but not
at road going speeds.

Of course they handle, and perform much much better.  I've
tested them to the limit many times with braking, cornering,
wet and dry, and they get thumbs up on all aspects.  I've
even tested them in hard driving rain with completely saturated
road ways at 100+ mph without feeling like I was really pushing
the limits (Not recommending that you do this!!!)  We get no
snow here so I'm not sure how they would react, I'm assuming
not very well since they are a high performance tire.

I guess what it comes down to is that the GA's are like riding
on four emergency spares........and anything might be better.

Another .02c!

Talat
97 GLX