RE: Trunk doesn't pop open

At 1:10 PM -0800 03/13/2000, Paul Moore wrote:
>Quick follow-up....
>
>I just bought a house and was moving this past weekend
>and with the amount of junk still left in my old apartment
>will be moving this week as well. So I really need use of
>the trunk and don't have time to deal with poking around
>in there myself.  I ran down to the dealer this morning since
>I needed the oil changed and damn if they aren't charging
>$49.95 for a f*&#ing oil change now.  Guess who's gonna
>learn to change the oil at his new place?  I mentioned the
>trunk problem to the service guy and he said it would be $75
>just to get the trunk open but like I said I'm pressed right
>now and said ok.  Just got the call from him and whatever it
>was cost $50 for parts and labor but I suspect it was only
>something that got jarred loose from the stiffer ride I've got
>and the many CalTrans induced potholes where I normally
>drive.

Paul--

If you don't want to pay the $50 for the oil change, you might go to
an independent oil place. The problem with changing your own oil is
more about disposal and making sure it doesn't leak or spill on you,
the driveway, or into the groundwater sewage, etc. There are places
that will do it for as little as $20 to $25.

Personally, when I sell the car, I intend on having a little scrap
book, by date, showing every single visit I ever made to have
anything done on my car, and every single visit has been to the same
dealership. Whoever owns my car after me will know that it has always
had the same consistent care. :)

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax