Re: Oil Change

Since you mention a previous owner, I'm guessing it's not a new car, and even if
it was, only the first 20k was covered when I bought my 97 used.  Most of the
warrenty didn't transfer.

I use Amsoil in my VR6, and I like it a lot, with the exception that it seems to
"burn off" or leak out or something.  I never notice any leaks on the driveway
or any smells, but it certainly is low on the dipstick.  My car has run Amsoil
since before I bought it, and it was my understanding that synthetic was
supposed to be less prone to causing seals to crack or leak or anything.  But
regardless, the synthetic seems to disappear somewhere.

One thing you should know, you must buy the filters from either the dealership
or somewhere online, as there are no aftermarket VR6 oil filters that I know of.
The filter housing is not the in the easiest spot to access.  You'll need to
crank the car up and spend some time under it.  Other than that, it's a simple
process to change the oil.

I remember hearing something about running something through the engine to
release the petrol, sort of clean it up, before putting in synthetic.  Since my
car was switched over before I bought it, I don't know about this first hand.
Anyone out there know what I'm talking about?

Good luck, and don't pick a windy day to change it.

Cab
97glx
72bug