Re: Water in footwell

At 01:24 PM 7/10/00 -0400, you wrote:
>When we have the AC running in my wife's Jetta we get a stream of cold water
>dripping from the underside of the dash.  Is there some sort of drain tube
>that is clogged?  Anyone else ever had this happen?
>
>Steve

On the A3 there is a drain underneath the car between the firewall and heat
shield.
Slide under the car and make sure it's not clogged.  It's very hard to see
on the passenger side of the car.  A friend just had this problem and it
took us quite awhile to locate the drain so look carefully.  it turns out
that his drain was pinched by the heat shield which I suspect was done at
the factory.  If the drain clogs you will get a build up of water in the box
over the passenger footwell.

Dr. Bob
The doctor is in....