Re: Importing Canadian VW's...

At 8:50 AM -0400 1/21/00, Alexxi Cini wrote:
>I'd like to think US customs would be as helpful to your side.

HAHAHAHAHAAA HAHAAAA! HAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAA.

Stop it, you're killing me! You mentioned "helpful" and "federal
agency" in the same sentence. BWAAHHAHHAHAHAAAA!

>If you "really" want to bring the car across can it won't pass you
>could always bring it across as a "race car" and then find a wrecked
>"donor" car in the US to use the VIN tag . Email me for more on this.

Except this wouldn't be legal, and you could get in big trouble if
you're caught, but then you probably already knew that.

>Jacob - I'm curious why the GLX didn't meet US standards. Typically
>its the other way around, Canada has tougher bumper standards
>etc.... maybe they didn't like the DRL's ?

I would surmise that the US has much tougher air standards. Not that
they actually do anything to substantially improve air quality, but
just more hoops to jump through, I would guess.

-K

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax