Re: Importing Canadian VW's...

Chuck - I'm in Canada and considered buying a US car at one time. I
contacted Canada Customs and they were very helpful. They actually have a
list of all US cars and say which you can and cannot bring over [It was
something like 96% where ok] . The only thing most US cars need to be ok'd
here is the installation of DRL's and the baby seat restraint[ $100 part
from the dealer]  I'd like to think US customs would be as helpful to your
side.

If you "really" want to bring the car across can it won't pass you could
always bring it across as a "race car" and then find a wrecked "donor" car
in the US to use the VIN tag . Email me for more on this.

Jacob - I'm curious why the GLX didn't meet US standards. Typically its the
other way around, Canada has tougher bumper standards etc.... maybe they
didn't like the DRL's ?