From: Jacob Buehn [mailto:jbuehn@hotmail.com]
Sent: 20 January, 2000 6:39 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Importing Canadian VW's...

hi
the car would have to have a sticker on the drivers side door jam saying
that it meets US saftey standards and a sticker under the hood saying that
it meets us emmisions.  I tried to import a 95 jetta GLX from Toronto into
Washington state but it didn't meet standars. hope this helps

jacob

Hi gang,

Does anyone have any idea what it takes to buy a car in
Canada and drive it back home to the states (VA)???

I desperately need to know who I contact to figure out
if there will be an Import tax to pay if I do such a
thing.

Just in case you were wondering, I'm interested in a
'83 Rabbitt GTi in Toronto.

Thanks,

-Chuck Simpson...